Sunday 26 March 2017

Evaluation: Question 4

During my research at the begging of the project, I carried out a survey using Survey Monkey, in order to help me decide what the target audience of my piece would be. When my group came together, we compared all of our questionnaire results and found that we all had quite similar results. It was through this, that we were easily able to decide what our target audience for our piece would be. 

When enquiring about gender, my results were equal with male and female both totalling 50%. This was also similar to the results of the other members of my group. It was for this reason that we decided that the target audience would be equally both males and females. We featured both male and female characters in an attempt to make sure that our target audience were able to relate to at least one of the characters in the film.


When enquiring about age, my results indicated that the majority of people surveyed were in the 16 to 19 year old age bracket. Again, this result was the same as the other members of my group, so we decided that this age bracket would be our target age bracket. We catered for this by including characters of this age bracket, so that our audience would be able to relate to them more, and that they would understand the time of life that they are in. Additionally, it helped that our film was acted by members of our group, as we all fit the 16 to 19 year old age bracket. 


In my survey, when I asked ‘What is your preferred Thriller sub-genre?’, I found that the people I surveyed preferred crime thrillers more than any others. It was for this reason that we made our thriller film a crime thriller, as we felt that it would mean that it would appeal to the larger majority of people. The crime aspect of our thriller is obviously projected by Jazz’s murder. Also, when speaking to people in our year at school, we found that the majority of them also preferred to watch crime thrillers. 



Finally, in my survey, I found that the thriller narrative that people preferred was murder, closely followed my romantic triangles. For this reason, we included both murder and romantic triangles in the narrative of our thriller. These are represented by, of course, Jazz’s murder, and by the romantic triangle between our three characters, which is the spark of the whole situation. We were surprised that romantic triangles were so popular, however, after to speaking to our peers, we found that actually it was a narrative that people thoroughly enjoyed watching. An example of a popular thriller film that features a romantic triangle is ‘Safe Haven’. 

No comments:

Post a Comment