Tuesday 7 March 2017

Being a Producer

Whilst making our thriller opening sequence, we all had our own specific roles in the process. However, of course, there were many aspects in which we had to work on together such as the story board and the script. As mentioned in a previous post, my specific role in the process was a producer. In our group, both Hannah and I were producers as this role came with the most jobs, so we could share them both between us. 

The job of producer for our film involved many things including organising filming times to make sure everyone could make it, deciding filming locations, keeping track of wardrobe and makeup to avoid continuity errors, etc. 

The reason I was a producer was that I like to organise things and make schedules, etc. This meant I was fitting for the role of producer as it involved a lot of time management and organisation. Additionally, I have an eye for detail so I was able to keep track on props, wardrobe and makeup to avoid any continuity errors efficiently, and I made lists to keep track of clothing items.


A difficulty I ran into whilst in the role was coordinating everyone so that they could all film at the same time. Due to our busy schedules with schools, and other activities, finding times that we were all free proved to be a challenge. We overcame this problem by rearranging some plans of ours so that we had time periods in which we were all free to film.


Overall, I found that being a producer was a really enjoyable experience and is a role that I would like to have again. I had no previous experience with producing, but found that I adapted to the job very easily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment