Sunday 29 January 2017

2nd Day of Filming

On our second day of filming, we decided we would film the shots of Jazz’s (my) body in the garage. Whilst preparing to film the shots, we encountered an issue that we had not considered - how should I lie to make it look realistic? The only solution was, of course, to experiment with me lying on the floor in different positions, and for the other members of my group to judge what they thought looked most feasible. 

Postion 1


This was the first position that I laid in, and Josh, Hannah and Caitlin thought that it did not realistic at all. This is because the chances of my arms falling naturally like that would be incredibly slim. I agreed with them, as to me, it felt very staged lying in that particular way.

Position 2


This was that we initially chose, but on reflection, we decided that ,in fact, my hand would be unlikely to naturally fall onto my stomach. Therefore, for this reason, we altered this position slightly to make it seem that little bit less staged.

Position 3

This is the position that we decided was most realistic, and it also felt a lot more natural to me. We achieved this more natural looking positionally Hannah picking up my arms and my legs, and dropping them, to see where they fell naturally. We felt that this worked well. Here is a time lapse of that:



The Tablets…



When Hannah was placing the tablets in my hand, we also had the same problem, in that it looked too staged where they were placed. To rectify that, Hannah simply dropped the tablets into my hand, to see where they fell naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment